Goulash Recipe



Sometimes a fairly simple dish can be the most delicious! I'm bringing back an old favorite from my childhood with this one! I really don't know many who wouldn't like this for dinner.  Serve with some fresh bread and perhaps a salad and you have a perfect meal!

Let's get right into how it is made so you can serve this to your family tonight!

 

Ingredients:


1 pound ground beef
1 large green pepper
1 onion
1 box elbow noodles
1 large jar sauce
garlic powder
olive oil
salt
pepper
mozzarella cheese

Instructions:


  1. In a large pot, fill half way with water and bring to a boil. Add about 2 tsps. of salt. Add 1 box elbow noodles and stir occasionally.
  2. Dice 1 green pepper and 1/2 onion. set aside.
  3. In a large pan, add a tsp of olive oil and bring to a medium/high heat. Add 1 pound of ground beef. I used 90/10 so that it is less fat. Add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 2 tbsp. garlic powder. Cook meat thoroughly, stirring often.
  4. Add diced green pepper and onion to the meat and continue to cook.
  5. Once meat is cooked, add sauce into the pan. I used a spaghetti sauce that had red peppers, wine and Spicy Italian Sausage in it. You may use any sauce of your choice (but the sausage gives it an amazing flavor!) Lower heat to medium and allow the meat and sauce to cook for approx. 5 additional minutes, stirring frequently.
  6. Once elbow noodles are fully cooked, drain and place them back onto the large pot.
  7. Add the meat and sauce from the pan, into the large pot, and mix with elbow noodles until well blended.
  8. Put the goulash into a serving dish a add shredded mozzarella cheese on top (and more on each serving if your dinner guests wish!)




 
 


 



 

Comments

  1. This looks delicious!!! I was actually trying to figure out what to do with the ground beef we have in the fridge. Looks like I'll be making this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM, this looks so good and totally doable with the number of ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom used to make this for me all the time growing up. It's such a nostalgic dish for me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good! I've got some ground beef in the freezer that I have been wanting to use, and this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks delicious! I have never heard of goulash before! This is a must try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goulash was a staple at my house growing up!! It's so yummy and perfect for a family!! Thanks for the trip down memory lane!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goulash is such a great dinner! I love to make it on days that I don't know what to make or when I just don't want to think about what to make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo yummy!!!!! This is something I keep Meaning to make yet never do for some reason. So need to fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Sounds delicious, and definitely something everyone in my family would eat. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks encridibly delicious! I must try this at home as well

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goulash is a fast easy meal especially for a busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks great! I have never made goulash but I know my husband loves it. I think I will give your recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never had a Goulash in my life - is this an American thing? It looks RIDICULOUSLY delicious though so I think I'm going to have to give it a go here in London!

    Lottie xx
    http://lottielamour.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have also never tried Goulash before, but it looks so delicious and simple! I'll definitely have to give this one a go. This one will be great for the family as well! XO

    Anna || A Lily Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cindy, why goulash? I always thought that the stew is something else :) Anyway, you had an excellent, hearty dish that is suitable for both lunch and dinner. The family will be happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yum! I need to whip this up one of these days!

    smalltownsandcitylights.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been wanting to learn how to make Goulash for years, as it's my daughter's favorite! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh! This looks REALLY good! I may have to go to the store and make this this weekend! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts