Product Review; Alba Bontanica Sunscreen

We all know that the sun can cause damage. We know that if we are going to spend some time outside in the sun, it is a good idea to wear some sunscreen. But what is in sunscreen?? If you are a person who is cautious of what you put in or on your body, you might have read the labels on the common brands of sunscreen. If you have educated yourself on the topic, you will probably also know that a lot of the chemicals they put in sunscreen can be harmful. So, the sun is harmful, but so is the sunscreen? That seems like a no win situation.

Well, thankfully, there are companies out there who know that people want sun protection without the parabens, sulfates, phthalates or other harmful chemicals typically in sunscreen. Alba Bontanica contain natural, organic and cruelty-free ingredient alternatives which are 100% vegetarian. Alba Bontanica products can be found in many of your locals stores, Target or Wegman's for example, and also online through their website, or even on other sites such as Amazon. I decided to test out one of their sunscreens to see if this company could provide a good sun protectant, minus the harmful ingredients.


I will admit, I love the sun and I love getting a tan. It's not healthy, I know. However, I always make sure my son has on sunscreen if he will be outside for a while. Also, for the sake of this review, I did wear it myself also. Since my main focus is making sure that my son is protected, I chose the Alba Botanica's "Very Emollient Sunscreen" for kids. This has a SPF of 30. It is a moisturizing mineral sunscreen specifically for kids, which provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection as defined by the FDA. It is very water resistant (80 minutes), tear-free and paraben free. It is made with chemical-free sunscreen ingredients, the fragrance free formula is fast absorbing and lightweight. Some ingredients are Sunflower Seed Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil and Aloe Vera. Grape Seed Oil and Vitamin E.

So, a few days ago it was very hot and sunny, and we were going to be spending a few hours outside in the pool. The perfect time to try this new product! I put it on my son, and myself, waited the 15 minutes they suggest, and outside we went! We spent a total of 5 hours outside, only coming inside for lunch and potty breaks. I reapplied it once during our lunch break too, before returning outside. The product goes on nicely, although it is pretty thick, but it does cover the skin well. After the total time we were outside, we had no sun burn and we got just the littlest bit of a tan color. I would give this product two thumbs up! It offered good sun protection, and without the harmful stuff! Thank you Alba Botanica for providing products that support good health!

Comments

Popular Posts